Friday, November 23, 2007

Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati

Started looking around delicious (can't be bothered with the fullstops, and would hate to work there typing that name all day) and can see value in this. Had a look at booklovers wiki at Princeton and though this would be a good idea to promote with our hot summer books campaign. I even got adventurous and setup my own delicious account and got the hang of it and might start using this as my fave lists on my current computer is too long and it is a pain as sometimes I want to use stuff at home but can't remember what the site is called.

Looked at Technorati and coudn't really give a toss about which blog spots are hot or not. Can see how kids could be interested or why you would use this in a social networking capacity, but this one is not for me.

Read a few articles on library 2.0 - and interesting to read the thoughts on the next step to web 3.0 and 4.0. I personally don't get the point of second life - i have don't find enought time to fill up my first life, i do understand that i was born in a different error and I do accept all of this. Interesting to read that one person's thoughts could be that the library reverts back to it's original purpose.

No comments: